Hello :) I am back with another awesome recipe to share with you featuring Nello's Marinara Sauce. I decided to make homemade Gnocchi last night. Here's my recipe :)
- 1 jar Nello's Marinara Sauce
- 1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1 egg yolk
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 1 cup potato buds
- 1 cup boiling water
- 2/3 cup all-purpose flour
- Start by mixing the potato buds with the salt and nutmeg.
- Stir in boiling water and continue mixing until no dry flakes remain.
- Stir in the egg yolk until the mashed potato mixture has an even pale yellow color throughout.
- Stir in the flour and knead for about a minute with your hands.
- Use 1/2 teaspoon to measure out small portions of the Gnocchi dough. Using floured hands, roll the small dough portion around between the palms of your hands, making a ball, then press each ball down onto floured wax paper. They should be in the shape of discs or ovals.
- Bring 6 quarts of water to a boil.
- Add your Gnocchi gently. Let cook for about 4-5 minutes or until the Gnocchi rise to the top of the water.
- Drain. Smother with Nello's Sauce, Fresh Mozzarella, Fresh Basil, etc.
- Serve with bread if desired.
My l3 year old son, Landon helped me make the Gnocchi dough. He loves to help me in the kitchen.
Ready to be boiled!
The finished product. Fresh, homemade Gnocchi topped with only the best sauce. Nello's Marinara, that is!
My Thoughts? Make a double batch because it's just THAT good! This Marinara sauce is out of this world good!
*I am a #mombassador for Nello's Sauce. Yay!*