Turkey Pizza Pinwheels Featuring Nello's Lavender Sauce
1 pound pizza dough
1 25 oz. jar of Nello's Lavender Sauce
Black Olives; cut into small pieces
Small Onion; sliced into discs
Slices of cooked bacon
Carrots; sliced into small triangles
Cooking Spray or Flour
Toppings of your choice
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Spray countertop with non-stick cooking spray or sprinkle with flour. Roll the dough out into a large rectangle about 1/4 inch thick.
2. Top with Nello's Lavender Sauce. (I used about half a jar) Spread to coat dough then add mozzarella and additional toppings of your choice.
3. Start with one of the long sides of the rectangle and roll dough up tightly, pinching the seams to close at the end.
4. Use a sharp, thin knife to cut 1 1/2 inch sections of the dough from the large roll. You should get about 12 pinwheels.
5. Put pinwheels on a greased baking sheet. Bake for 12-15 minutes. Remove from oven and let sit for 1-2 minutes.6. Stick a few pieces of bacon into the back of each pinwheel. Put small two small circles of sliced onion in front of the bacon pieces and then top with black olives for the eyes. Finish with a triangular cut carrot for the nose. Serve with a side of warm Nello's Lavender Sauce.
For my first time making these, they came out pretty good! Turkey Day doesn't get enough recognition so I figured making these would be a good way to get everyone into the holiday season. My son enjoyed helping me roll out the dough. Cooking together with your family is a great way to bond as well as teach your kids how important it is to cook homemade meals. These Turkey Pizza Pinwheels are great for a quick weekday meal. I hope you enjoy them. I wish all of you a great Thanksgiving :)
Visit Nello's Store Locator to find Nello's Sauces in a store near you!